Nationally known as one of the must-see boat races in the country, the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout is the largest unsanctioned boat race in the U.S. This year’s shootout is being held at Captain Ron’s Bar & Grill on August 18-26.
Planning on going? Make it a week long celebration!
Pre-events start August 10. These events include the R/C Mini Power Boats Shootout, a golf tournament, a treasure hunt, the “Shootout on the Strip” street party, a vendor villages, live and silent auctions, a fashion show, poker runs, live entertainment, and much more. The shootout is a highlight of the year and a great way to wrap up your summer. Bring your friends and family because they won’t want to miss out either.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Lake area rescue teams and other charitable organizations!
The shootout competition started in 1988 as an opportunity for local Ozark boat owners to race in order to see who had the fastest boat. The race grew each year, and now there are registrations spanning across the U.S. from Florida up to Canada.
The race divides about 100 boats of all shapes and sizes into heats to compete. The only requirement to compete is that your vessel must be at least 22 feet long. Competitors vary from vacationers to serious power boat enthusiasts. Top speeds reach up to 244 mph. Over 100,000 spectators attend annually.
Helps eight fire departments and 32 charities including:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Boat Drop Recipients
- Camden County Sheriff’s Employee Association
- Children’s Learning Center
- Citizens Against Domestic Violence
- City of Lake Ozark
- Dogwood Animal Shelter
- Greenview Elks Lodge 2857
- Habitat for Humanity
- Ivy Bend Food Pantry
- Jessica and Malachi Brazil Foundation
- Kids Harbor
- Lake of the Ozarks Idiots Club
- Lake of Ozarks Soccer Association
- Lake Ozarks Elk Club
- Lake West Chamber of Commerce
- Laurie/Sunrise Beach Rotary Club
- LOTO Watershed Alliance
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Mariah Walters Scholarship
- Missouri Forget Me Not Horse Rescue and Sanctuary
- Missouri Naturalist
- Optimist Club of Camdenton
- Osage Community Elks Lodge 2705
- Ozark Coast Kiwanis
- Sharing and Caring Foundation
- Shrine of St. Patrick
- The Knights of Columbus
- VFW Post 5923 – Camdenton
- Water Safety Council
Follow the event on Facebook.