At Pro DeZigns, we take pride in the high-quality vinyl film we use on
all our vehicle wraps. But like anything else worth having, vehicle wraps need
a little TLC to stay looking fresh.
Extend the life of your wrap. A little care and attention ensure
continued color and adhesive standards throughout its lifespan. We’ve broken
down a couple quick tips that make a huge difference in the appearance of your
When things get a little dirty, you’ll want to use a high-pressure washer. Contaminants allowed to remain on the graphic may be more difficult to remove during cleaning.
How to Wash Your Wrapped
- Ensure the water pressure is kept below 2000 psi.
- Keep the water temperature below 180 degrees.
- Use a spray nozzle with a 40 degree wide angle spray pattern and keep the nozzle at least one foot away.
- Use a wet, non-abrasive detergent meant to clean a wrapped car. 3M makes an awesome wash we recommend. Use the wash with a clean cloth or sponge.
- Rinse with sprays of water. To reduce water spotting, immediately use a silicone squeegee to remove water. Finish off your car with a clean microfiber cloth.
Do not use any abrasive polishes or cutting compounds. Avoid using any
polishing or wax products on matte or textured films. If there is wax or wax
residue on the surface, remove it with an all-purpose cleaner.
We recommend storing your vehicle inside a garage to protect it from
harmful UV rays and environmental damage. Just like paint, vinyl will degrade
from prolonged exposure to sun and atmospheric pollutants, especially on
horizontal surfaces such as the hood and roof.
If you have any questions about caring for your wrapped vehicle, whether
it was done last week or last year, feel free to give Pro DeZigns a call at